Thursday, October 27, 2011

The last day of school for Ayden


A very quick pic taken last night before a presentation, for all those who wanted to see a pic of Ayden and I together.  I hope he doesn't grow any more or he will have to duck to get in that door.  He is 6'7" or 2 m tall.

I've been preparing all year for today.  It's so hard to let go and understand that your baby is almost an adult and ready for that next step in life.  We are so proud of Ayden.  I've just come back from another assembly and hearing him speak. It's the big graduation dinner tonight where he will be dressed up in a suit ... looking a bit better than the dress he was wearing at muck up day yesterday I hope!

There are a lot of things I won't miss, ironing the shirts, finding clothes that fit,  paying the school fees .. but what I'll miss the most is that drive to school each morning and hearing all the drama's of school and Ayden's opinion on every.single.song on the radio and listening to "like a version" each Friday x

3 comments:

Calidore said...

Gorgeous photo of the two of you. It's hard with all the changes but you do get there - says me who is only on day 1 of Elise not being at school anymore..vbg. Hope tonights "do" goes well and Ayden enjoys himself.

Chocolate Cat said...

Wow he is tall isn't he! The end of an era and a new beginning. All the best to Ayden for his exams.

Posie Patchwork said...

Well you must be tall too as he would tower over me at 5'6". My husband is 7" taller than me & leans on, my children are starting to fly past me now. Love Posie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...