Thursday, November 17, 2011

We went off to Sewjourn again...


Last weekend we were off to Sewjourn.  Phew.  A big sigh of relief from me!  I took a few patterns I had been hoping to get done for awhile including the View B of the Oliver + S Jump Rope dress for Maya, and a couple of Sketchbook Shorts for Callum and Kane, and some Make it Perfect Bloom shorts for Maya too.

The dress is just perfect for Maya and is that bit more casual than View A.  Maya is getting so tall and lanky and next time I will have to lengthen the size 6 I think.

It's a bit obvious that I just love Oliver + S patterns but I have to say that you need to read the errata on the Sketchbook Shorts pattern.  The back piece is missing it's seam allowance, but unfortunately there is a note in the pattern that the front piece is missing the seam allowance,  so you end up with a front piece which is an inch larger than it should be.  Pretty frustrating when you are away from your computer but still,  it can be fixed and the two pairs of shorts I have on the go are looking good.

I do feel so blessed to have the group of friends where we can all meet up for a weekend away a couple of times a year and all feel right a home and enjoy every minute of each others company.  

Nikki, Karen, Tanya, Megan, AnnieLara and Kathryn – thank you all so much.  Lara, Nikki and Karen have some great pics and round ups of the weekend on their blogs.


And we are silly.  Kathryn, myself and Karen picked out a top each that Lara had made for ourselves to try one (and try and sneak into our bags...)  Look how great we look in Lara's clothes.  If only Lara was a little taller I would be set!

9 comments:

Calidore said...

My goodness Maya is growing. Love her smile and the dress is gorgeous. So glad you had a good time at Sewjourn. Sounds like heaps of fun....and you got some sewing done...vbg.

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend!

Annie said...

Thanks. Rachael for a lovely relaxed weekend we are lucky to all have so or is that sew much in common. Btw I have your cutter here

Tanya said...

Rachel, it was great. Looking forward to seeing those shorts. Maya's dress looks gorgeous. I love the photos of you girls in Laras tops!

Karen said...

Ahhh that dress looks gorgeous Rachel - perfect fit.
Thanks again for a really fun and relaxing weekend - you girls all mane me feel more 'normal'!!

Nikki said...

Yep - 'twas grand! And Maya looks adorable in that dress!

thornberry said...

Perfect dress on perfect daughter after perfect weekend! You girls really do look good in my clothes.

Little Munchkins said...

The dress looks great on Maya. It is perfect for summer - pretty and looks comfortable as well.

And I love how that top you 'borrowed' looks on you too.

sophie said...

Goodness, I love Maya's dress so much, it's so lovely and Summery. You girls had such a great time together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...