Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011


2011 has been a frantic year.  I have made so much that I haven't blogged - mostly knitting.  I've made 7 pairs of socks for a start and three cardigans at least that haven't made it here and sewn some cute things that went immediately into use and I missed my chance.  Plus pattern tests and clothes for Maya and myself.  I have a new overlocker and a dress makers mannequin now too.

2011 was that year of changes with Maya starting school and leaving a big hole in my day,  Callum off to middle school and Ayden finishing Yr 12.   It all ended successfully with the kids all happy with their achievements.

Just like Kate,  I'm hoping 2012 is the Year of Happy.  We will see.  More changes with Ayden off to Uni and I guess he will leave home at some point.  Work will have redundancies. A big contract for Matt.  Kane's last year at Junior School.  Matt's best mate is moving to Melbourne. I hope I will take some long service leave and we will all do something exciting for my 40th birthday too.

Thank you all for reading my blog.  I love every comment and each friend and opportunity it has given me.  Wishing you all a Happy 2012 too.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Happy New Year to you all, Rachel. I hope 2012 is a very happy year.

Annie said...

Happy New Year Rachael - Lots of exciting things will be happening in 2012 - I'm looking forward to it all.

Copper Patch said...

Hey Rach,
I hope the New Year brings that Happy (and that long service leave!!!) I'd definitely take it as a huge compliment that many of your makes went straight into use and didn't get the chance to be blogged!
Ab

sophie said...

Happy new year Rachel! 2012 is going to be a good one. xxx

suz said...

Happy New Year to you as well. Hope you and your family have a happy healthy 2012. Sounds like you have a lot of new things to look forward to this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...