Thursday, December 29, 2011

Puppet Show Shorts and the Pocket Placement Tip


The Oliver + S Puppet Show shorts are just my favourite.  I can't resist the detail and the way they come together.  Maya wore them today to the wildlife park and it isn't the best photo,  but these shorts suit her perfectly - and I made them from a scrap piece of fabric too.  Because they only go up to a size 5,  I had to grade them up to a size 6.


I read the best tip on pocket placement on Carmel's blog here and the ladies at Sewjourn asked me to reblog it here.  It works for any pattern with the pocket sewn to the outside and just so simple - cut the pocket placement out on the pattern, and use the negative space to line up the pocket and pin it into place.

2 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

That is a great tip!

Jantine said...

Maya is getting big! Love an easy shorts pattern, but my girl is too big for them ;-), doesn't want to wear them any more....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...