Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Snake Costume...


I sort of can't believe that I am blogging the snake costume.  When I say that I am hopeless with costumes I really mean it.  They always seem to come at the last minute.
So when school sent a letter saying Maya was going to be a snake in the Nativity play I was a bit confused to where snakes fitted into the Nativity and how I would make it.  Even google images and Jodie's stash of costumes didn't help.


So some cheap, stretchy velour style fabric and a lengthen boys hooded top pattern from Ottobre, my overlocker and some felt applique and Maya has a snake costume that she loves.  It came together quickly in the end (a good thing!) and Maya wore it yesterday for the play.

She did tell me in the nicest way that her snake tail was a bit stumpy and looked like a lizards tail...

6 comments:

bec said...

Did you find out how the snake fits into the nativity then? Strange I'm thinking....

Calidore said...

I'm with Bec - how did the snake fit into the Nativity???? Lovely costume too and Maya does look happy even if her tail is a little short....roflmol

Karen said...

She looks great Rach. The dragons in my girls' kinder concert wore that fabric in red!

Chocolate Cat said...

I think you did well , that is one that would of thrown me! She looks so cute in it!

Copper Patch said...

Yep, I too need the snake/Jesus birth connection explained!!
Ab :-)

suz said...

I too want to know...what's with the snake?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...