Sunday, January 15, 2012

Maya in her Dandelion Kisses dress

As soon as I saw this fabric on Saffron Craigs blog I knew it would be perfect for a summer dress for Maya.  It's from the Magical Lands range in pink and is called "dandelion kisses".

I used a very simple pattern that Maya selected for girls separates,  Simplicity 2483.  It was a bit tight on the neckline but I unpicked the pleats and let them out a little and now it fits well.

French seams, binding on the neck and arms and an invisible zip on the back!

Maya wanted to show her guinea pig Princess in the pics so here she is.  Much bigger now.

And a bit of a handful.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Pretty dress. Maya looks very pleased with it.

thornberry said...

Maya looks so pretty in her gorgeous new dress! I had my eye on the exact same print for a dress for one of my girls as well - great minds!

Becky said...

That is lovely. I should make more effort to make time to sew clothes, Maya always looks so happy in hers.

bec said...

Gorgeous dress, but cuter kid! She loves posing still, which is good! Such a good shot with Princess too. I loved my guinea pigs when I was little too.

Saffron Craig fabrics said...

Just lovey! Our guinea pig George looks just the same! :)

WendyBee said...

I applaud Maya's taste. The simple style showcases the fabric's features (And Maya's youthful beauty!).
And the guinea pig shows up well too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...