Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day 2012


New Years Day was sticky and hot.  Last year we hardly had a summer and this one has hit us quickly.   There's not a lot we can do during the day but sit under the air conditioner and sew.  I made a Make it Perfect A+ skirt in black linen - my third one.


The only times I went outside was to check that the rabbit and guinea pigs were okay in the heat.  Buddy the rabbit did spend a bit of time under the air conditioner too.  By evening the kids were like caged tigers needing a run, so it was off to the local lake and park at dusk for a long walk, swing,  frisbee and tossing bread to the ducks.  Tomorrow will be hotter again.  Maybe a bit more time with the sewing machine and the swimming pool.

3 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Not quite sure that I will achieve much today on my last day of holidays, it really hasn't cooled down at all overnight, think I will be dragging the fan out, it didn't make an appearance last year!

Calidore said...

It was hot here too and my kids were as fed up with it as yours were. A swim was the order of the day which cooled everyone off. Have a wonderful and Happy New Year.

WendyBee said...

Happy New Year! I wonder if it is as hard for you to imagine a cold and snowy New Year's Day as it is for to immagine a hot and sticky one. I love your butterfly quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...