Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Panel Bag


I feel like its been ages since I made something for myself and after making Ayden's messenger bag (which he uses every day) I was keen to make another one of Nikki's patterns from my stash. This is the Panel Bag from You Sew Girl by Nicole Mallalieu.

This bag was such a joy to make.  It is graded as beginner, heading to intermediate.  It comes together so well,  and even as an experienced sewist there are tips to learn in these patterns.  I'm even enjoying adding zippered pockets to the bag interiors. Everything came together so quickly and easily and there are some lovely details on the bag too.  The bag is large and roomy and closes with a magnetic clip.  This will be my off to the shops and craft lugging bag. 

The pic isn't great but with the wild weather here,  I wanted to snap that  photo so I can start using the bag tomorrow!  The fabric is a Kokka base cloth in a neutral colour,  with brown light denim for the piping.  The panel fabric I just love and it's from the Outside Oslo designed by Jennifer Jones.  I've lined it with a big pop of colour with a blue/turquoise from the Little Apples range.  I'm also planning a darker version with the single strap variation and without O rings to keep the cost down.  Just love it!

7 comments:

Midge said...

Love your fabric choice for this bag. Good job.

Nikki said...

Great bag, Rachel - you made it beautifully and I'm glad you enjoyed the process. Thanks for sharing.

Leonie said...

Gorgeous! I have that pattern and haven't had time to make it up. Very inspiring. Love your choice of fabric too.

Hirt said...

Hey, I found out how to win a Gucci handbag for free. You can get yours here:
http://bit.ly/gqz4Sg

Nicole said...

Cute bag!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love the fabrics you chose. :)

Karen said...

Love this Rach - very nice.
I'm finally doing and bag making course with Nikki - about time - now I might feel confident to make one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...