Friday, March 16, 2012

Lacy Rib Socks in Dusk


It's a bit of a scary thought to see my big, blocklike feet up out in public.  I guess I am going to have to get used to it as I work through "Socks from the Toe Up" by Wendy D Johnson.  I just love this book!

The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select in the colour Dusk.  Not a colour I would normally pick for myself but as I was going out of my comfort zone on these socks,  a good choice.  I tried some new techniques here and it's great to learn some new skills.   A new pair to cast on tonight.

8 comments:

Midge said...

I've always wanted to try knitting socks. Perhaps I should give these a go.

our shabby cottage said...

They look wonderful Rachel, I love the colour too!

Calidore said...

Ohh super scrummy colour and the pattern is stunning. Well done.

make it perfect said...

love them rachel! they look super comfy. do you think hand-knitted socks last a long time? i'd love to try making some but couldn't bear the thought of them getting holes after all that work!!!

Foster said...

These are so cute! You make me want to learn how to knit. Brightly colored socks are all the boho hip thing at my daughter's school right now.

Jan said...

these look fabulous, Rachel. I haven't made socks for years (when my 3 brothers were small and I was not much older I used to knit socks for them to wear with their gumboots). Seeing what you've done, I'm tempted to make some for myself.

Tania said...

I think your feet look lovely - particularly clad in newly-knitted (two!) socks. If it's any consolation, I once posted a shot of my printed-undie clad bottom on my blog...

La Mañosa said...

Your socks look great! I love the color and pattern. I decided to give sock knitting a second chance (I tried it pretty early on in my knitting career and was not enthused) and I am really enjoying it this time. I just cast off the first sock last night.

So do you use one long circular needle? Is that how the book instructs, or is it just toe up socks in general, with your choice of needles?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...