Thursday, April 12, 2012

I made it ~ a shirt!

Soldier pose - didn't know what to do with my hands

The proof  ... I made a shirt that I can wear!

I work in an office three days a week and I sometimes need to look presentable.  As ladies with a large bust know,  it's very hard to find a well fitting shirt for office wear.   I used McCall's 6035 pattern which offers four different sleeve options and cup sizes from A/B to D and also claims to be easy.

The pattern wasn't difficult but I did take a lot of time and care over it.  Unfortunately I fitted between a 12 and a 14 so ended up buying both sizes of the pattern and I added an inch to the length too.  It's the first time I have sewn princess seams.


I used the fancy sleeve option with drawstrings to gather up the sleeves and to tie in a bow at the bottom.  I like this option and love a bit of extra detail.  I should have checked that my sleeves were even though before the photo.

The fabric is a cotton with some stretch which I found at spotlight on the $5 table and is a silvery blue.

I dragged poor Ayden off the couch to take the photo's.  He had his wisdom teeth out yesterday and is a poor thing,  who didn't want the camera any where near him.

8 comments:

make it perfect said...

way to go rachel! looks awesome, can't tell it is homemade at all :)

thornberry said...

Rachel, it's gorgeous! You should be very proud of yourself. SO looking forward to seeing you and having a proper chat at Sewjourn (you've had so many changes this year)! And commiserations to Ayden - I was his age when I had my wisdom teeth out, and I remember it well. Loving your sock knitting too.

Maree: said...

Well Done it looks Great on You and I do Like the Sleeves...
cheers

Calidore said...

Ohh very, very nice. Love the sleeves and what a professional job you did. Well done.

Beth said...

Congrats - it looks wonderful. I can't even imagine being able to make something like that.

Chocolate Cat said...

Well done! Very impressive. I wondered how Ayden got on, hope it has settled down now.

Margaret said...

Never mind the soldier pose, the blouse looks and fits perfectly.

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, I love it Rachel, you did a great job on it and I love the fancy sleeves too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...