Monday, May 14, 2012

Anita Peasant Top designed by Style Arc


A few Style Arc Patterns are making their way into my stash.  They really appeal to me with the boutique style, modern illustrations and regular new patterns.  I think the pricing is reasonable,  the postage is quick and the single size patterns are not a problem for me.  The sizing should be the same as ready to wear,  This top is a size 12.

These patterns are not for everyone as the instructions are industry based and are basically just dot points,  however nothing in this pattern was a challenge.  No seam allowances to add and the pieces all fit together perfectly.  I had made split front facings like this before which was the trickiest bit. The website does have tutorials for some of the techniques.  The Anita Top had arrived as a monthly free pattern with my order too.


The top has a relaxed fit with a drawstring neckline that ties at the front, elastic gathered sleeves and a generous length.  I made the top in a voile that has been in my stash for a long time but a soft knit can also be used.

Once again I am not sure if I will wear this top.  Most of my clothes are fitted and the voile doesn't seem to flatter me but looks a bit stiff on.  Maybe with a few washes to soften it up I can give it a go with my jeans and see how it looks.  I am trying to sew a bit out of my comfort zone and encourage myself to wear a few different things too.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I think it's pretty! Nice fabric and pattern combination.
I hadn't heard of Style Arc before so just checked them out and ended up ordering a leggings pattern. Quite a few interesting looking patterns although I find it a little challenging just looking at simple illustrations.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...