Saturday, May 12, 2012

Best Dress by You Sew Girl


I was so pleased to be able to pattern test the "Best Dress" pattern,  designed by Nicole Mallalieu from You Sew Girl.  My version is made from a light cotton voile spot that Maya picked out from Spotlight.


There are several variations on the pattern and you can see a few here on Nikki's blog.  I made the gathered cap sleeves, the v neck with pin tucks, tied belt and the full eased in skirt.  As you can see the details are just beautiful.  The pattern is rated intermediate but following the steps in the pattern make it achievable,  even the zip at the back!


The pattern is from girls sized 5 - 10.  Maya's version is so light and floaty and perfect for twirling around in too.  Perfect for parties and when you want toss on a dress for a bit of simple style. I made a size 6 and it is a good fit on Maya,  especially with the tie at the back to give it a tighter waist if necessary.

Maya likes it so much that she was trying to wear it to swimming lessons! 

4 comments:

thornberry said...

Just gorgeous! I've made one for Clare too. Beautiful design (and I did my best invisible zip ever). Maya is growing up so quickly!

Calidore said...

Stunning Rachel. I soooo wish my girls were still small enough to want me to sew for them.....sigh. Never mind I shall admire Maya in her beautiful dress instead.

Nikki said...

Maya looks adorable in her dress. Thanks so much for being a very important part of the development of the final pattern.

CurlyPops said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...