To try and make clothing that I will actually wear, I've decided to make a muslin first to at least get me to the closest size to me possible. I'm finding this hard and can be between a 16 to a 10. I started this top by cutting a 14 with a D cup but then had to reduce it all down to a 12. It is still a bit generous. The instructions had me at a size 16 for bust size.
The camera has drained the colour of the top which is a deeper dusky blue in voile that I picked up in Melbourne. After seeing Lara's cute version of this pattern, Simplicity 2599 at Sewjourn and its ranking on Pattern Review I though it might be a good go-to pattern.
I think it is pretty cute but Matt doesn't think I will wear it with the ruffles. Not my usual, very simple style so he may be right, but I thought it might add a bit of fun to a work outfit in summer.
I'm going to keep this pattern as a good maybe and make one or two more shell top styles and pick a favourite before summer.
Ayden named my mannequin "Creepy". Apparently it would give him a fright when he got home after a night out..