Friday, May 4, 2012

Simplicity 2599 ~ Blue Ruffles


To try and make clothing that I will actually wear,  I've decided to make a muslin first to at least get me to the closest size to me possible.  I'm finding this hard and can be between a 16 to a 10.  I started this top by cutting a 14 with a D cup but then had to reduce it all down to a 12. It is still a bit generous. The instructions had me at a size 16 for bust size. 

The camera has drained the colour of the top which is a deeper dusky blue in voile that I picked up in Melbourne.  After seeing Lara's cute version of this pattern, Simplicity 2599 at Sewjourn and its ranking on Pattern Review I though it might be a good go-to pattern.


I think it is pretty cute but Matt doesn't think I will wear it with the ruffles.  Not my usual, very simple style so he may be right,  but I thought it might add a bit of fun to a work outfit in summer.

I'm going to keep this pattern as a good maybe and make one or two more shell top styles and pick a favourite before summer.

Ayden named my mannequin "Creepy".  Apparently it would give him a fright when he got home after a night out..

5 comments:

Midge said...

I really like it Rachel, and it looks ideal for work.

Jane said...

It looks lovely. I think the ruffles work when everything else about it is so pure and simple. I so know what you mean about different sizes though! It makes me so wary to try new patterns.

our shabby cottage said...

I love it Rachel and I have the pattern and fabric ready to make it up at Sewjourn too. I'm going to do the same size as Lara did on hers as it fit me so well. That saves me some time doesn't it!!!

Karen said...

I love this Rachel - I hope you do wear it because it's really pretty, and not too frilly at all.

Copper Patch said...

Love this top Rach! I hope you get lots of wear out of it.
Happy sewing,
Ab

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...