Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Where are the button sleeves?



Usually Maya is so happy to wear clothes that I make her.  She pours over patterns and Ottobre magazines with sticky notes so I won't forget to make her what she likes, and opens every fabric purchase to see what is for her.

I made most of this shirt at Sewjourn,  and it still needs a couple of buttons on the front.  When I showed it to Maya she was a bit put out and asked where were the sleeves that had the buttons on them,  the ones that roll up and stay there with a button?  Memory of an elephant that child and I had got it wrong.

The pattern is McCalls 6156 and I love it.  I've bought the pattern in both pattern sizes and thought it would be a great go to pattern for leggings,  a few shirt options and a shirt dress.



To convince Maya to have her photo taken I agreed to put her hair in a bun, wear her new boots and have a photo up a tree... and then change the sleeves.  I'm also going to remove the elastic from the the bodice and next time I will make the curve around the bottom less,  it was tricky to hem.  My version has the manderin collar option and I did not add the waist ties.

Next time you see this shirt it will be on a happy girl with the matching leggings I have made!

6 comments:

bec said...

My 8yr old likes this pattern too. I've made her 1 version, and did the buttons on the sleeves! I agree about the bodice elastic too. She found the front a bit too open (someone saw her nipple!) so I added buttons too. An the leggings pattern is great!

Little Munchkins said...

I like the top, especially the collar. Tell Maya it looks great with the boots!

Jane said...

My 4y.o. would totally remember a detail like that and demand it, too! Shirt looks great anyway but I understand how much more it will be worn when it fits the image in her head :)

Annie said...

It looks great rach, she is starting to look quite grown up.

Karen said...

It looks great Rach - lovely colour and that's a great outfit.
ow can kids remember details like this but not where they left their shoes!??

Julie said...

Gorgeous little top. On my list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...