Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Butterick 3238 ~ Kane's Mouse Costume


I'm not good at costumes.  I don't know what it is but they just don't inspire me and I bet I'm not the only one when it comes to book week :)  This year Kane asked if he could be Einstein from the book by John Heffernan,  The Revenge of Dr Von Berpinberger


I used Butterick 3238 and adapted it a bit to make a mouse costume and lengthened it a bit to fit Kane who is around a size 9.  I used some windcheater fabric so its pretty snuggly.


The book parade is on Friday and I hope Kane isn't planning on playing footy at lunchtime in the white mouse suit!

3 comments:

Calidore said...

I'm with you on dreading book week. Thankfully the kids always wanted something simple cause I'm hopeless as a costume designer...sigh. Love Kane's costume though - just gorgeous. Well done.

Johny Marsh said...

This white mouse suite is very nice. The child in the pic looks very good in the dress. Nice work. zombie costumes 2012

Jane said...

It's gorgeous and he looks thrilled (and very cute!). Actually I think a little lunchtime mud would be within the spirit of 'mouse'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...