Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oliver + S Family Reunion Dress

This pattern took a little while to grow on me. It's often the case with Oliver + S patterns,  but I usually end up buying at least half of their patterns.  I know that they will be beautiful to make,  but sometimes I need to see a few other people make them in a range of fabrics before I think its one I need to have.  The Family Reunion Dress was one of those.


Maya feels very pretty in this dress. It is comfortable, floaty and classic.  I have sewn the dress in a size 7 with no alterations, using a range of fabric called Sweet Shoppe. 

There is so much detail in this dress, from the pin tucks, the little tab on the front with buttons, the neck construction, the hem with five rows of stitching, and the back,  which also has pin tucks and buttons all the way up.  However,  it's not hard to make, as long as you follow all of the instructions.

I hope to make another one of these dresses but with more contrast next time.  Another highly recommended dress by Oliver + S.

7 comments:

bec said...

Cute! I love this one, and and it goes up to a 12, I may get it to stash away for mine when she agrees to wear a dress again haha

Siri Tullerusk said...

Such a nice dress on a very cute girl! And so many details on the dress :-) I took a look over at the Oliver + S webpage and totally fell in love with all the patterns.

thornberry said...

Just beautiful - both Maya and the dress! It's one of my favourite O+S patterns actually - lovely details.

Karen said...

Tihis is goegeous Rach, she looks so pretty in it. Love this pattern.

WendyBee said...

Love this dress! It is very much like the kind of dress my mother made for me!

Jane said...

It's so sweet and she looks so delighted!

Nikki said...

Gorgeous, Rach. The dress and your girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...