Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oliver + S Hula Hoop Skirt ~ Butterflies

Side one with a butterfly print
This is another Oliver + S pattern that I didn't know that I needed until I saw it up on Lara's and Karen's blogs.  It's the Hula Hoop skirt which is a download only pattern from the Oliver + S Singles range.

Side two with a coordinating blue solid
This skirt is seriously fun.  It did take me a bit of time to make as I have had a lot on, but it would be easily cut out and made in an afternoon if time was on your side.  All seams are enclosed for a lovely finished and it has an elastic waist for easy dressing and fit. The skirt has twirl, is reversible and a cute flip over feature. The only change I made was to edge stitch around the hem.

I made Maya a size 7 which is just a little big,  but since you may have noticed she has shot up and slimmed down the skirt will be perfect for when summer hits.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I wish it came in my size...looks a lovely skirt.

WendyBee said...

Very cute, and perfect for her age, when you really, really need a twirly skirt.

Karen said...

Love it Rach - you know I am a fan, and the butterflies are very sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...