Monday, October 8, 2012

Cornwall Park Shrug


Butterfly necklace a birthday present from boyfriend James, age 7
I thought I should take a bit of a break from knitting socks,  and trawled Ravelry for a pattern which I could use up some of my sock wool or 4 ply stash.   I came up with the Cornwall Park Shrug by Kelly Brooker which comes in sizes to fit 6 month old to 10 year olds, and has instructions for 8 ply and 4 ply too.


It took me a long time to get used to this lacy pattern and chart,  as each sleeve is knit at a different chart row from the back.  Every distraction seemed to mess up my counting and I frogged rows more times than I wish to count.  However,  it's finished and a useful little bolero top for Maya to wear when it gets a bit cool and with the lacy pattern I think it will stretch and last a few years.  I made this is a size 7 and it only used up 57 grams of wool, which was Huntington by Valley Yarns.


Maya is so pleased with it.  It's a bit different from most of the clothing I make.  I have started a red version for Maya,  and offered to make one each for three of my nieces too.  I should know this pattern well by Christmas!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love this Rach - and it red I will love it even more!
Makes me wish I could crochet?? (knit??)

Annie said...

Gorgeous rachael. Are we too late for our yarn buy up?

WendyBee said...

Lovely shade of blue. Between the shrug and the updo Maya looks like a "tween". Gulp!

Lisa said...

Oh I LOVE this and wanted a shrug for the girls but gave up looking through Ravelry. Im off to queue this one.

Tania said...

It's glorious. Just trying to work out whether I dare follow your lead with those kids and their endless distracting techniques!

Kylie said...

It looks great. I have a certian 7 year old that would love this too (I did't realise that our two were so close in age)
I love the colour of that yarn too.

Jantine said...

It is a beautiful lace pattern. You are brave to start 4 more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...