Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My KCWC haul


I know it may have seemed like I was a KCWC fail,  showing no finished clothing that I had made for Maya over the sewing week, 8 - 14 October 2012.

The truth is I am a one project at a time person - or one machine project and one hand sewing/knitting project on the go at any one time.  My machine projects have been for the past few months projects-that-cannot-be-revealed!  About seven of them.

During the week I focused on tracing and cutting out Maya's Summer and Autumn wardrobe, right down to ironing on the interfacing.  I have this lovely pile of projects that I am continuing to add to, and having this all ready to go will take so much pressure off the upcoming trip to Sewjourn. 

We have - Oliver + S picnic shorts, Oliver + S Seashore Sundress, 2 x Oliver + S Sailboat Skirts, Oliver + S Croquet Top, shorts refashioned from a t-shirt, and legging and dress from a McCalls pattern.  I also finished the second bolero. 

It feels great to know that the fabric all came from my stash and that sewing these patterns before Maya grows out of them.  I will also have a lot to blog in the next few weeks :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good on you Rachael - you know I'm a 10 things at once kind of gal.

bec said...

The prep takes ages, doesn't it? I'm going to have a 'prepping' day today, measuring, tracing patterns, and getting all ready, then just sew during the week. I feel more productive then! Wish mine still liked dresses...:(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...