Thursday, December 27, 2012

My favourite books this year


This is the pile of books next to my bed waiting to be read.  I read a lot and fairly widely and will give most suggested books a go. This year I picked up my first Jodi Picoult book and have now read 8 of them, and also read all 10 adult Richelle Mead books too :) I just love discovering an auther with a backlist :)

I will put it out there that I have read every page of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and hated them. Oh well.  Since I was pregnant with Callum a lot of English and Irish chic lit has also been added to my reading list.  My life is busy and stressful and I love a happy read. Here are my library books,  a couple of books on loan, buys from the $3 books at Big W, my Jodi Picoult pile of books from the kids at Christmas, and the current chic lit.

With the end of the year coming up,  I've been thinking of my favourite reads - not books released this year,  but ones I have read this year and in no particular order

The Time Travellers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
To the Moon and Back - Jill Mansell
Those Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
House Rules - Jodi Picoult
This Charming Man - Marian Keyes

Read anything good this year?

4 comments:

bec said...

Ooh, we would very happily raid each others bookshelves! We have very similar tastes- a bit of murder and thriller in there (have you read any Karin Slaughter? I was put on to her, and loved her, an 'author with a backlist' for sure! Have to start at the beginning though) and the chick lit! Marian Keyes, Monica McInerney, Cathy Kelly are all in my bookshelf. Lots from ops shops! I'm reading lots of Phillipa Gregory at the moment, but needed a break after also watching ALL The Tudors on dvd! I've been a bit slack with reading lately, taking the laptop to bed to read blogs, but I missed reading at night, so do the blogs in the morning with my coffee, and book at night. Well, till I go back to work that is!

Khris78 said...

Ohhh I would love your book pile !!! Jodie Picoult is one of my all time favourites too - I started with The Pact and couldn't put it down . Have you read any Joy Dettman ? I love her collection a lot ...
Happy Reading , Khris :)

Leanne said...

I am a great fan of Jodi Picoult, have you read The Pact. I use a great app called Good Reads it suggests books based on the books you have read.

Karen said...

I'd love to hear what you think of the new JK Rowling Rach, have been wondering whether to buy it or not. I'm actually about to start The Hobbit again - I am a fan though (sorry!).
I've been enjoying a few Ian McEwan this year - they are a bit quirky but I enjoy most of them!
I love Anne Tyler as an author - ever since doing one book for Yr 12 English - they are the few books I actually buy now rather than borrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...