Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Blackboard Fun House

Elisabeth at Eureka Patchwork emailed me back in July to see if I could think of anything to make with blackboard fabric. I can always think of something!

Unfortunately I got sick,  and then a whole lot of deadlines came and I got sick again and then more deadlines and I finally finished off the blackboard.

The fabric is a black vinyl that I sewed with my walking foot and used a rajah cloth to protect all the appliques when I iron them on. I designed the house so it could be hung over a door knob so kids could draw on it and be creative. The design features some fun fabrics for an "eye spy" experience.  The house measures to be almost 30" long.

I haven't written a pattern for the design but may do soon.  The blackboard fabric is available at Eureka Patchwork here

2 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very very cool! Nice work!

Annie said...

This looks good Rach...Elisabeth will be pleased

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...